15-16 Open House Schedule and Information: Thursday, 8/20 6:30-8:15
During our middle school open house, parents will have the opportunity to "live" a sample version of their child's daily schedule. Student schedules will be disseminated for open house through the following methods:
- Parent portal access to SIS. Parents are able to view and print student schedules via the portal in the SIS system
- Students can copy their schedules into their student handbook planners for parent use, or write a copy for their parents
- If you do not have your child's schedule from the parent portal or your student, back-up copies of schedules will be available at the main entrance of the school at 6:00 pm before open house begins at 6:30. We anticipate most parents having the schedule ahead of time, so back up schedule lines should not be too long.
Hixson Open House Schedule:
6:00- lines begin for back-up schedules
6:26- Use your child's schedule to navigate your way to his/her 1st hour class
6:30-6:45- 1st hour- you will hear a message from our Superintendent, Dr. Riss and the Hixson principals. The remainder of the 10 minutes will be used for learning all about your child's first hour class.
6:49-6:59- 2nd hour
7:03-7:13- 3rd hour
7:17-7:27- 4th hour
7:31-7:41- 5th hour
7:45- 7:55- 6th hour
7:59- 8:09- 7th hour
Special Open House Notes:
- If your child's schedule has PE/Discovery listed, please report to PE and not Discovery. Your child's team teachers will be able to give you a brief overview of Discovery time.
- If your child has GEMS listed on his/her schedule, please report to GEMS with Mrs. Gavin in the cafeteria before open house begins
- 5:30-6:00 pm 7th grade GEMS parents
- 6:00-6:20 pm 8th grade GEMS parents